From the families behind Golden Fleece Restaurant
longest-operating restaurant in Greektown
A new development on Monroe Street.
– Tentatively called “Bakalikon,” which is a Greek term for grocery or market, the new retail, restaurant and cafe will offer freshly-made grab & go sandwiches, salads, pastas, and desserts, along with a coffee bar and retail/grocery store.
– The restaurant/retail spot will be able to serve around a dozen patrons seated, in a casual style for breakfast, lunch, post-work, dinner, etc.
– The main focus is on the counter-service, grab & go offerings. Thousands of workers and visitors park in and around Greektown, stay in Greektown, and walk down Monroe Street everyday; Bakalikon aims to serve these folks with healthy, fresh, ready-to-go foods.
– The offerings will be largely European and Mediterranean-influenced, but expect a variety of tastes and flavors to be offered.
– The grocery/retail aspect will focus on imported Greek goods, like olives, oil, cheese, candies, coffee, honey, wine, beer, and more!